Excelsior Legal & Estate Services provide a global solution for your financial services business. Wherever your clients are based we will often work with local lawyers, estate planners, tax and legal professionals to provide you and your clients with the very best in estate planning advice.
Excelsior are members of The Society of Will Writers – www.thesocietyofwillwriters.co.uk
The Society of Will Writers is a non-profit making self-regulatory organisation which seeks to protect the public and serve the interests of those men and women who are active professionals in the Will Writing field.
The Society has set itself two main tasks:
- To promote to the public at large the real need and sense in having a valid Will
- To act as a self-regulatory body by vetting practitioners through stringent membership requirements, proficiency standards and on-going training.
The designatory letters of the society’s grades: Cmpn.SWW, FSWW, ASWW, MSWW and Aff.SWW
All are a public assurance of their bearers’ expertise and competence.
Why should I use a Society member?
The Society of Will Writers was established in 1994 as an independent body representing the professional Will Writer and the interests of the consumer. Today, the Society is the largest trade body within our profession and has members throughout the world, especially where there are high concentrations of UK citizens living and working abroad. Our Code of Practice, ethics and philosophy puts the consumer at the heart of our aims to ensure that through our membership you receive the very best of service.
Society of Will Writers members are Will-Writing specialists – not legal ‘general practitioners’. Solicitors are not averse to people making their own Wills as they make more money out of sorting out the mess which many DIY Wills leave behind. Members of the Society of Will Writers don’t have this conflict of interest.
They deal almost exclusively with one area of law – succession planning – and as such, are best placed to offer specialist advice which ensures you receive the advice which is best for you. A full breakdown of the many benefits of using a Society member can be found alongside. Society members will also make you aware of the importance of appointing guardians should you have young children and executors and trustees to administer your estate.
All Society members are required to:
- Hold Professional Indemnity Insurance to a minimum standard as directed by the Society and a minimum cover of £2m.
- Maintain a minimum of 16 CPD hours a year – that will involve structured training, attendance at groups and national meetings.
- The Society operates a stringent and robust membership application procedure and a Code of Practice which is before the Office of Fair Trading for their approval but has been drafted in consultation with Age Concern, LACORS and the Citizens Advice Bureau.
- All members by their acceptance as a member to the Society agree to work to and abide by the Code of Practice.
- All members have access to induction training and ongoing courses presented by the Society’s academic arm the College of Will Writing and tutors are drawn from the very best the legal profession can offer.
- All members are fully supported by full unlimited technical advice and legal help to ensure that you receive the best service.
- Offer their clients the statutory 7 day cooling off period and must comply with all external legislation appertaining to trading practices
Excelsior Support Services Limited (HQ Admin)
Suite 1104 BB Building,
54 Sukhumvit 21 (Asoke) Road,
Klongtoey Nua, Wattana,
Bangkok 10110, Thailand
Excelsior Legal and Estate Services (UK) Limited
11 St Paul’s Square,
Birmingham B3 1RB,